You know those families that seem to always have a clean and tidy home? Even if you stop by their house unexpectedly, everything is always together. They must have a maid! Right? Well we wanted to learn what tips and tricks those families use that helps keep their house looking spick and span so we could share them with you. Want to know what they are?
Follow these 5 simple steps to help keep your home tidy and clean!
Make Your Bed Before You Leave Your Room in the Morning
- When you wake in the mornings, one of the first things that you should do is make your bed. This is like a little pep talk for you daily. Your room instantly looks put together, and creates a positive start to your day. Not to mention the fact that it takes less than five minutes to keep your bedroom looking fresh and clean.
Always Place Dirty Clothing in a Laundry Hamper, and Wash One Load a Day
- These 2 chores may seem minute to some, however dirty laundry laying on the floor looks unkempt. Be certain to keep all soiled laundry off of the floor and placed in a laundry hamper. This one little step keeps rooms looking tidy and organized. Also, be certain to manage your hampers so they do not begin to overflow. No one likes to have piles of dirty clothing to wash, and it also keeps smelly odors at bay. Throw a load of laundry in the wash in the morning, and it is ready to go in the dryer when you get home from work, or are done playing with the kiddos. Maintaining a load of laundry a day makes this chore less overwhelming.
Wipe Down Counters and Tables After Using Them
- The easiest way to keep your counters tidy, and free of clutter, is to wipe them down after using them. Throw away any unwanted mail and clutter daily. Try using a natural cleaner such as vinegar and water, and follow by wiping off with a microfiber cloth. The microfiber cloth will also keep your stainless steel sparkling. The vinegar and water is an excellent All Purpose Cleaner. Keep a spray bottle and rag handy in every room. Taking a few minutes to wipe off your counters as you use them daily, including your bathroom, insures clutter free and clean counters!
Wash Dishes as You Use Them
- I don’t know anyone who enjoys washing dishes, especially if you have a larger family. This is a big one on the list in order to keep your home always looking and smelling fresh. The best way to tackle dishes is to start them while you are cooking your meals. When you finish using a dish, immediately rinse it off and put it in the dishwasher or hand wash it. If you do not have a dishwasher, this is even more important. Keep all dishes rinsed and washed as soon as they are used in order to cut the time necessary in cleaning. If you take the few minutes to rinse the dishes as you use them, there is no need to worry about a major pile of dirty dishes! You have managed it , and it is now controllable. Not so bad, right?
Vacuum 1 Room Daily
- Spending the day vacuuming a home is not a chore that anyone looks forward to. Rather than spending your day vacuuming, instead take a few minutes daily to vacuum certain rooms, or every other day. This controls the amount of dust and dirt that is in your home, making deep cleans more manageable. Now your home will smell clean and fresh. Save vacuuming to do as your last chore. This way you will vacuum all of the dust that fell from the counters you wiped down earlier.
Now that’s not that bad, right? A little bit at a time makes it easier to spend more time with family!
5. Use Bins or Baskets for Toys
One of our amazing Contributors was talking with us about how she keeps her home picked up before Daddy gets home. In her home she has appropriately coined this as the Daddy Dash! We thought this was just too cute not to share with you all. Daddy Dash makes cleaning seem more like a game than a chore! Grab the timer and tell the kids that you are going to play a game. Yes. A Game. They will love it! You can mix this game up many different ways to keep them engaged and motivated to actually Dash for Daddy. Set the timer n the kitchen, or turn on their favorite song, set out the bins and tell them to Dash around the house and place everything in the proper bins. When they are finished, don’t forget to reward them! How about a fun snack you can make together, or maybe a quick bike ride?
Let us know what tools or tips that you use to keep a tidy and clean room. Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think. We love hearing from our readers!